ABCs & 123s

Tuesday, August 30, 2011
I was so excited for my latest custom order. It was not for a nursery, children's room, or playroom, but rather, an office. Elizabeth Lauren has gone commercial, ha! Well, kind of.  A dear friend of mine is a director at a preschool and is in the process of giving her office a make-over.  She was looking for artwork that was appealing to both children and adults, youthful sophistication, if you will. ;)

Painting Details:
size: 24x30 (also available in a variety of sizes)
materials: acrylic on gallery wrapped canvas, clear matte varnish


My client also knew that she needed 2 paintings in the new office. 
1.) She had her heart set on my Sunshine Chevron painting in a custom 24x36 size.
2.) She wanted to incorporate the alphabet.  I immediately thought of this Pottery Barn wall art.  It had that sophistication my client was looking for without being too 'kiddish'.

The color palette in my clients new office is a combination of charcoal gray, yellow, and a beautiful steely blue green.    The wall color that the art will hang on is the blue green tone.  I knew that the background of the painting(s) needed to pop from the wall.  We decided to keep it white. To soften the bright white I did a very light gray water wash on the white background, this gave the artwork more dimension and a slight aged appearance.  I also love the small yellow accents framing each individual letter/number.









This painting turned out great!

Remember, all Elizabeth Lauren artwork can be customized!  Love this painting, but need it in a different  color palette or size?  Contact me HERE to get started on your custom ABCs & 123s painting!

Love this painting just the way it is? Find it in my Etsy Shop HERE!!!

With whimsy~

0 comments:

Post a Comment