The treat chosen at random: FRUIT PIZZA
Let's get started:
- Gather ingredients: Pizza Stone (or cookie sheet), sugar cookie dough, 8 oz. cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla, fruit (C chose blueberries, strawberries, kiwi, & peaches), apple jelly.
- Spread sugar cookie dough out into one large round disc. Bake at your specific recipe's directions. Let cool completely.
- Make the frosting: Mix together one 8 oz. package of cream cheese (room temp. works best), 1 cup powdered sugar, & 1 tsp vanilla. (refrigerate until ready for use)
- Slice fruit.
5. Spread cream cheese frosting onto cooled cookie crust.
6. Arrange sliced fruit on top. After fruit is arranged on pizza, glaze with apple jelly (optional).
To glaze: Stir apple jelly well and drizzle (or brush) over fruit.
7. Take in all of it's beauty! Slice and serve.
Wasn't that easy?
C enjoyed this cooking experiment so much! (M enjoyed eating it.)
Such a great way to get your little ones in the kitchen.