Spring Blooms

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I recently created a custom painting for a client, J,  that found my work via Etsy. J loved what she saw in my Etsy shop, and wanted me to create a custom piece for her little girl's 'big girl' room in a similar style.


Here is a look at the design process:


From J's completed Custom Order Questionnaire I discovered that she was looking for a single 20x24 canvas.  The finished room was to have lavender walls and the bedding was from PBK's Samantha collection (seen below)

Image from here.


Here are the custom sketches I created for my client to choose from:




She chose sketch # 2:



The finished product:



Detail photo:





One of my favorite parts of creating custom artwork is the feedback. 

Here is what J had to say about the finished product:

  • "We received the painting today and LOVE it!!!! You are a fantastic artist and I hope to think of something else for you to paint for us in the future!  Thank you so much,  -J"



Thank you for the kind words, J!


I loved how this painting turned out as well, so sweet and simple.  :)



With whimsy~


0 comments:

Post a Comment