from start to finish......

Monday, May 23, 2011
I absolutely LOVE creating custom artwork.  The entire design process, from start to finish, is fun and creative.  Best of all, each project is completely unique.  Custom designs are not only determined by the room's bedding and decor but by the client's own individual taste.

The first step in placing a custom order is completing the Elizabeth Lauren Custom Order Questionnaire. This questionnaire is a great tool in helping the client describe to me EXACTLY what they are looking for in their finished one of a kind piece.

From this particular project's questionnaire, I discovered that the nursery's bedding was from Serena and Lily's Dylan Collection (seen below).  The nursery was to have khaki painted walls and the crib was a dark cherry wood.  The client also mailed color swatches of the crib bedding and paint color directly to me. (this is not required for custom orders.  In this case, the periwinkle blue seen through out the bedding was a tricky one to match, and the client wanted the color to be spot on. )

Image from here.


After I reviewed the client's questionnaire I created 3 design concept sketches for them to choose from:


Even though my client did not want any personalization on this particular piece, I played around with personalization ideas for my own personal design file.  (I typically keep all concept sketches and ideas in digital style folders to help keep my thoughts organized for future projects):


I also played around with a full wall collage concept:


The sketch that the client ended up selecting was sketch #2:



The finished painting:





The painting in it's new home:



From start to finish I loved creating this whimsical jungle themed piece.  And better yet, my client was thrilled with how it turned out!

To find out even more about placing a custom order, click here.

With whimsy~

0 comments:

Post a Comment